- Student Spotlight - Congratulations to our October Student Spotlight, Avery A!! Please click to read all about Avery.
To learn more about the rest of the students who submitted entries for the Student Spotlight, please see the display board across from the BCS Media Center. If your child is interested in being the November Student Spotlight, please click Student Spotlight, complete the form and submit it by Friday, October 23.
- 2015-2016 BCS Productions presents Aladdin, Jr. - Students grades 6-8 are encouraged to audition! A parent information meeting is scheduled for Friday, October 9 at 7:00pm. All additional audition information, schedules, and audition materials can be found at www.covingtonproductions.com! Questions? Email email@example.com
- 2015-2016 BCS Student Ambassador Program
If your child would like to be a student ambassador for the 2015-2016 school year, please click here for the application. Forms are due Friday, October 9.
- Optional 5/6 Trip to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach
- 5/6 students will have the opportunity to go to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach April 29 – May 3, 2016. Please click here for information regarding this trip. There will be an information meeting on Monday, October 12, 6:30pm in the BCS Media Center. If you think your child might be interested in attending this trip, we encourage you to attend the meeting. Registration will begin after the meeting on Oct. 12. We expect the trip to fill up quickly.
- Updated BCS Calendar – Half Day For Students on 10/30/15 - On the district calendar, Friday, October 30, 2015 should have read, “Elementary and BCS Students attend AM Only, Professional Development (PM)”. A revised calendar is available here. Please make note that Friday, October 30 is a half day for students at BCS with dismissal at 11:30 AM. Please note: The Halloween Parade will be at 10:00 AM and the parties will be from 10:30-11:30 AM (begin cleanup at 10:15. More details will be forthcoming as the date draws near).
- Covington Road Construction Update and the First Days of School - Please click HERE to view a construction update from the Project Manager. An email was sent to all parents that included alternate bus and drop-off options. Please consider using one of these for the next couple of weeks. BCS eNEWS
- 2015-2016 PTSA Directory - The PTSA Directory is ready for your input. Each family should go to the link to input or update their information into the BCS school directory online program.
Please HERE to complete this process. More information is available under PTSA/Directory.
- 2015-2016 7/8 Optional Field Trip To Chicago -
- 2016-2017 BCS Lottery Information - The BCS Open House is scheduled for Sunday, December 6 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Click for More Information.
- BCS Bond 2015 Impact -- On May 5, 2015, voters in the Birmingham Public School District approved a bond proposal to improve school facilities, enhance building security for the safety of the students and staff, and provide up-to-date technology for students to remain globally competitive. For detailed descriptions for the District, click here.
- Important Attendance Reporting Changes! - BPS has made some adjustments to our attendance policy (and daily attendance recording) in response to new Department of Education mandates. To see the new policy (Board Policy 5200) that will go to the Board of Education for approval, please review the information and changes by clicking HERE. Additionally, find a newly required "Extended Absence Form" HERE. Should you have any questions about the policy, please contact Mark Morawski or Jason Hill.
- Like us on Facebook! - Click here to visit our new Facebook page.
- BCS Turns 20! Celebration-- To all BCS Families (past and present): Save the date for November 28, 2015 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Reconnect with old friends, favorite teachers and principals. Twitter: @BCS_Turns_20 Instagram: bcs_turns_20 Facebook: BCS 20 Year Celebration
- The Ripple Effect -- A new BCS newsletter subtitled Sharing the Stories of BCS Students Making a Difference in the Lives of Others is a wonderful snapshot of some of the great work and learning that is ongoing at BCS.
Read Issue 3 - Winter 2014-15
Read Issue 2 - Spring 2014
- Salmon in the Classroom -- Thanks to the generosity of the BCS PTSA and Premier Pet Supply in Beverly Hills, we are able to help the Great Lakes by raising salmon. To view the blog click here: BCS Salmon Blog. The salmon were released on May 5, 2015 into the Clinton River in Auburn Hill's Riverside Park. Of the 220 eggs, 180 live salmon were released.
- Did you know? Every student in our school has to have their parent or guardian read the first two pages of the "Concussion Awareness Educational Material," complete the third page with the student's name and parent/guardian signature, and return the signed form back to the BCS office where it will be placed in the student's file per direction from the state. Click here to download, read, print page 3, complete and return signed form to the BCS office. Thank you!
The BCS PTSA has many opportunities to help make next year a great school year. See PTSA home page for a summary of the activities and a SignUp link.
Birmingham Covington School Virtual Tour. Click here to take a virtual tour of BCS (launches a new YouTube window).
Monthly Calendar views, print, ...
BPS District Calendar
2015-2016 BPS Yearlong Calendar
BCS Wins National Recognition - Birmingham Covington School was just recognized as one of The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S. by TheBestSchools.org. They are the only school from Michigan to be designated with this honor by The Best Schools. TheBestSchools.org selected BCS based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation. Congratulations to BCS staff, students and families for this outstanding recognition.
- BCS has been selected by Microsoft as one of 80 outstanding Mentor Schools from around the world! Our application, video and other documents clearly showed our school’s passion for and efforts toward innovative teaching and learning. Please click here for the full list of Mentor Schools winners from around the world.
Our Joberts 56 students' Doing Business in Birmingham Project placed first in the Collaboration category at the Microsoft Global Forum in Prague. Microsoft recognized BCS as being one of the top innovative schools in the world. See full article here.
Did you know?
... NAN’S KIDS - No student is ever excluded from an activity at BCS for financial reasons. We have a fund at BCS called Nan’s Kids to assist families. Please let administration know if you have a student who needs this assistance. All information is kept confidential.
... you can make Amazon.com purchases through the Amazon button on the BEF Website at www.supportbef.org and they receive a donation!
... you can use the Search bar (upper right) to find information
... your box tops can earn cash for BCS: Got BoxTops?
... you can support the BEF when you use your Kroger card! Register here